June’s Green Mom’s Carnival topic is on Eco Confessions and I do have a few to add to the fun!
- Paper towels – I have to admit that I love and use paper towels (often, daily, okay hourly ). I have great intentions to reduce our consumption of paper towels but alas, have not committed to that endeavor. Someday.
- Coke – I LOVE Coke. I have to drink one 12 oz. can EVERY DAY. I have an internal clock that goes off at 11am telling me “it’s Coke time”. Even my co-workers know that 11am is my Coke time. I know there is BPA in soda cans but it’s the only addiction I have and I don’t like the taste of Coke in plastic bottles. My first choice is Coke from the fountain ( particularly McDonald’s fountain but that’s another conession ) but it’s more expensive so ….
- Not so eco-friendly packaging – Somewhere on my to do list is to find and purchase more eco-friendly packaging for all of the giveaway products I send out. Currently I use the easiest to find envelopes and if the product needs it, the envelope will have bubble wrap on the inside.
- MickeyD’s french fries – I gave up their cheeseburgers long ago but I can’t give up their french fries. I tried to do it but then our local shop started a campaign “Smaller batches, more often” and all of a sudden, the french fries were ALWAYS hot and salty. Who can resist that???? I’m weak, what can I say.
- SUV – We’re purchasing an SUV after having a station wagon for 5 years. After many trips with stuff hanging out of the car and the addition of a child in the fall, we decided to bite the bullet and buy a bigger car. Because my husband works from home and I only work part-time, we only put about 15,000 miles on our cars in total. The average family drives about 24,000 miles/year ( 2 cars ) – that’s my defense
For more confessions from green moms, check out The Green Parent tomorrow!
Any confessions YOU want to share??