I’ve had this embarrassing stain hiding under my couch for three months. When it happened, I quickly cleaned it with some water and a towel. I clearly did not use the right tools and it’s slowly become this deeper and darker stain. Over the weekend, I finally got a few things out of the kitchen and made it go permanently away. Here’s how:
Homemade Carpet Cleaner
- 2 tbsp baking soda (or more, as needed)
- 1.5 tsp clear dishwashing liquid (I use this)
- 1.5 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 white cloths
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Vacuum up the baking soda.
- Mix dishwashing liquid and white vinegar into the warm water.
- Dab the solution over the stain with a cloth until the stain is gone.
- Use the second dry cloth to blot the carpet dry.